[Catalyst] Catalyst::Response - send a file

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Aug 19 19:20:53 BST 2008

* On Tue, Aug 19 2008, Dermot wrote:
> This method will work well for binary files. I have opted
> $c->response->header() method for now.

You haven't described what that method is.

There are two things you need to do to send a file for download.

1) Set up the HTTP headers (Content-disposition) so that the browser
   knows what to do.

2) Actually send the data.

In your original post, you hand-waved sending the data.  A number of
posters told you how to do it.  Now you're saying you've "opted [for
the] header method".  That doesn't make any sense.

So what exactly are you doing?

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway