[Catalyst] [SOT] cat webmail app?

Jose Luis Martinez jlmartinez-lists-catalyst at capside.com
Thu Aug 21 17:03:09 BST 2008

Roderick A. Anderson escribió:

> Well I fell into a pit and had a tough time escaping.

I've been on vacation. I tried to post with nabble, but the message
didn't get to the list :(

> Where are /we/ on this?  Name: Catmail?  List: exist?  Repo: exist?
> irc:exist? Needed: Me? (for more than being an agitator.)
>
> Jose.  I think I saw a message that you had got some code donated(?).

Yup. I think that the code is in your hands right now, too.

Matt: please open the list, when possible. catmail seems quite accepted.

> All.  I am working on two other projects that will use Catalyst but I've
> been away from development (using cat anyway) for quite awhile so I'm
> liable to ask some pretty lame questions.
>
> So does anyone have a preferred module set to deal with IMAP and why?
> One of my projects mentioned above uses IMAP and I found there are a lot
> of options ... A lot!
>
> Some seem more complete, several have very cryptic methods, many relied
> on a previous knowledge of the supporting modules and the documentation
> was lacking or vague.  I think a lot of problems I ran into was my lack
> of experience with IMAP as more than a user.

Please comment the pros and cons of the modules that you have had
experience with, and which one you think is more suited for a webmail app.

> So enough rambling on.  What next?

I think that we have to select an IMAP module from CPAN and make it a
Catalyst Model so the webmail can grow on top of it.

Jose Luis Martinez
jlmartinez at capside.com