[Catalyst] Re: list of perl-*.rpm files for a basic Cat install

Bogdan Lucaciu bogdan at wiz.ro
Fri Aug 22 15:33:27 BST 2008

On Friday 22 August 2008 16:44:01 James S. White wrote:
> > Anyhow I would strongly suggest you look at cpanrpm effort and join that
> > campaign - see
> >      http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?cpanrpm
>
> Good information. I will certainly look into this.
> Is there an equivalent org for .debs?

There are http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-catalyst/ and
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-perl

Lots of people in these groups are packaging Perl modules and (more
importantly maybe) maintaining these packages.

The tool used by the Debian Perl group (and myself whenever I need to package
a module) is dh-make-perl.

You can also use cpan2dist in CPANPLUS :

    ### build a debian package of DBI and it's prerequisites,
    ### don't bother running tests
    cpan2dist --format CPANPLUS::Dist::Deb --buildprereq --skiptest DBI

    ### build a debian package of DBI and it's prerequisites and install them
    cpan2dist --format CPANPLUS::Dist::Deb --buildprereq --install DBI

--
Bogdan Lucaciu
http://www.wiz.ro/