[Catalyst] Intermittent blank pages

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Thu Aug 28 16:44:31 BST 2008

Quoting Wade.Stuart at fallon.com:
> Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote on 08/28/2008 09:02:24 AM:
> > Quoting Sebastian Willert <willert at gmail.com>:
> > > Are you using Perlbal in front of FastCGI? Perlbal is prone to deliver
> > > blank pages if the back-end times out. Unfortunately I haven't found
> > > a way to avoid this behavior, but maybe someone on the list can help
> > > out ...
> > No, we're using lighttpd and nothing changed on that front during the
> last two
> > days :(
> Are they delivered instantly or after a long pause?

Instantly.

I just noticed that shortly after a series of those errors appear in the error
log, the process gets killed off (and restarted) by daemontools' softlimit due
to memory constraints. Afterwards it takes some time until the error reappears.
But we have this exact setup running for over a year now and never had said
problem.

--Tobias