[Catalyst] [Announce] Catalyst-Runtime 5.8000_04 shipped to CPAN

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Dec 9 00:15:57 GMT 2008

On 8 Dec 2008, at 23:15, Bill Moseley wrote:

> This suppose to be drop-in compatible with 5.7?

That's the aim, although we're probably not there yet..

> perl, v5.10.0
>
> All tests pass building Catalyst-Runtime but it's very noisy:
>
> Subroutine uninitialize redefined at /usr/share/perl5/Class/C3.pm
> line 88.
> Subroutine reinitialize redefined at /usr/share/perl5/Class/C3.pm
> line 101.
>
> But, I suspect that's 5.10.0 on this test machine.  I had to clean
> up a
> bunch of those for my apps when I upgraded as well.

This has been fixed in trunk I believe.

> Running make test on an application that passes all tests with 5.7015
> results in:
>
> Failed 14/113 test scripts. 325/616 subtests failed.
> Files=113, Tests=616, 127 wallclock secs (60.45 cusr +  4.38 csys =
> 64.83 CPU)
> Failed 14/113 test programs. 325/616 subtests failed.
>
> Sorry, I didn't have time to look into this, so I'll just paste a few
> errors I saw:
>
> A few private plugins and views complain that NEXT is crap.  Hopefully
> I'll find time to get those updated before the current non-crap
> becomes crap, too.

It's possible to suppress that warning by saying "no warnings
'Class::C3::Adopt::NEXT';" in the offending code until you get it
ported to Class::C3's next::method.

You can do this right now (as next::method works in 5.7).

Writing a little more advice for this for the POD is on my todo list.
Suggested doc fixes (and suggestions to make the warning better)
gratefully received if you have any.

> A few failed the "Class::MOP::is_class_loaded($class)" test.
>
>     require App::Model::Foo was successful but the package is
>     not defined

This means that you have a file 'lib/App/Model/Foo.pm, but that file
doesn't appear to define package App::Model::Foo.

I'd guess that your app is subtly broken in some way (like the file
being mis-named) which is causing Class::MOP to not like the file.

Is that true for your application, and can you think of a better
wording which would make the error message more clear/explicit about
the problem?

> Also:
>
>     Compilation failed in require at
>     /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Class/MOP.pm line 151.
>

>     Undefined subroutine &Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst::Aux::request
>

> There's a fair amount of noise due to that, but I think that's causing
> the build of the test failures.

Yeah, that'd figure - I guess there are stack traces to go with this?

> I suspect this is doing the most damage:
>
>     require App::Model::Foo was successful but the package is
>     not defined
>
> which is not entirely clear what that means.

Hopefully explained above.

If you could run the tests again manually with prove -v, and email me
the results off-list then it'd help me diagnose the issues you're
seeing further.

Many thanks for the help!

Cheers
t0m