[Catalyst] [Announce] Catalyst-Runtime 5.8000_04 shipped to CPAN

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Dec 9 14:35:08 GMT 2008

On 9 Dec 2008, at 12:46, Guillermo Roditi wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>
> wrote:
>
> Please find attached a simple test case for the behavior needed by
> Catalyst::Plugin::Cache::Curried (and anything else which says
> __PACKAGE__->mk_accessors(qw/ meta /)) - found by looking at
> MojoMojo's current test failures.
>
> Yeah dude. wontfix. You don't get to take over Moose's "meta"
> method. Immutable replaces the accessor when inlining the meta
> method. You can argue with Moose over who has the right to that
> particular method name, but that's out of the scope of my module.

No it doesn't (immutable)?

I agree that all 'real' Moose classes shouldn't be breaking the meta
method like this, but the fact is that there *IS* real code out there
which is going to be broken by this, and it's something which we can
_avoid_ breaking without too much effort..

Sure, we should be warning people, but breaking their applications
when we don't _need_ to just seems silly.

Attached nasty hackery which makes my initial test pass, proving that
it is possible..

Cheers
t0m