[Catalyst] [Announce] Catalyst-Runtime 5.8000_04 shipped to CPAN

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Dec 17 08:41:09 GMT 2008

On 16 Dec 2008, at 22:12, Oleg Pronin wrote:

> 5.8 brakes Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Password?

Are you using old style authentication?

I.e. Do you have 'Authentication::Credential::Password' in the plugin
list for MyApp?

As if you are, this is a known bug, which we are planning to fix (but
also quite a hard one, so nobody has got to it yet - volunteers
welcome, there is a minimal test case for it).

If you are not using the authentication backwards compatibility
stuff, then authentication should work just fine (although I can't
remember off-hand if all of this was fixed in _04, or is just fixed
in trunk - it'll be time for a new dev release as soon as someone
squashes the auth back-compat bug).

If you're not using the backwards compatibility auth code, then could
you try the latest 5.80 trunk and confirm it works (or not)?

Thank you for testing!

Cheers
t0m