[Catalyst] Issue with Tutorial section 3

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 04:41:57 GMT 2008

On 23/12/2008, at 2:50 PM, rpnoble wrote:

> [snip]
>
> My enviroment is:
>
> Windows XP sp2
> ActiveState Perl 5.8.8 v 819
> Catalyst modules

I don't know to what extent you have flexibility with the per
distribution that you're using, but strawberry perl is probably a
better solution than activestate at this stage.  The only place that
activestate is better is if your company need commercial support, even
then there are probably companies in the catalyst community that can
provide commercial support for catalyst on windows.

Have a look at http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2008/7

For development I'd recommend getting the perl 5.8 distribution from
strawberryperl.com and installing a non-portable perl (due to a bug
with subroutine attributes in perl 5.10 development is hard until
5.10.1 is released as you get unhelpful error messages - 5.10 (which
includes portable support)  is adequate for deployment though).