[Catalyst] Re: Upload problem

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 18:13:17 GMT 2008

Adeola, t0m and J, thanks for your answers!

Adeola:
I don't really expect that users will transfer files this big over the
web. However I expect that my app will be usable on desktop computers
using a webinterface and the awesome functionality that the Catalyst
local test server provides, in which case "uploading" big files will be
quite fast.

t0m:
I did not even think that the webbrowser could be a limit here. But
after looking at this, it would seems that you are right:
http://www.motobit.com/help/ScptUtl/pa33.htm

I have now tried several browsers (Firefox, Epiphany, Internet
Explorer), but none of them worked. Firefox and Epiphany did not
complain and just refreshed the page, whereas Internet Explorer
complained that "The page cannot be displayed".

In conclusion, t0m and J, I'd be interested in knowing what browser you
used, or if you did any client side chopping of the files to allow
uploading of files larger than 2GB. If there's no easy way, I could
always forget about a workaround and have users put/upload the files
manually, it's not like it's going to happen everyday.

Florent