[Catalyst] installing catalyst on mac os

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Dec 24 10:08:16 GMT 2008

On 24 Dec 2008, at 00:25, Ashley wrote:
> I love OS X but the Perl it has historically shipped with is
> historically no so hot. I would strongly recommend you install the
> latest 5.8 (NOT over your system perl but beside it) or 5.10.

I don't consider this good advice, especially for a beginner.

Catalyst runs *just fine* against the 5.8.6 that Apple ship. And I
wouldn't recommend running 5.10.0 as that has a bug which makes it
very hard to debug applications.

> You should probably avoid Task::Catalyst entirely.

This is more sage advice, the failures being seen weren't in the core
Catalyst, but in addons, although the fact that
Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst is failing isn't good, as this is one
of the things everyone should be encouraged to be using :(

Has anyone looked into this yet?

Cheers
t0m