[Catalyst] Re: Upload problem

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 14:27:37 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

> On 23 Dec 2008, at 18:13, Florent Angly wrote:
>>
>>  I'd be interested in knowing what browser you used, or if you did any
>> client side chopping of the files to allow uploading of files larger than
>> 2GB. If there's no easy way, I could always forget about a workaround and
>> have users put/upload the files manually, it's not like it's going to happen
>> everyday.
>
> My clients are perl, php, ruby and the curl command line application, so
> whilst it was a good guess, I don't really know how to get round it for
> you..
>
> I guess I'd investigate flash, or a java applet, or something?
>
> Cheers
> t0m

On the Flash note, I have used it to upload larger files (only on the
order of a few hundred megabytes, not into the GB)

SWFUpload works very well, and doesn't thrash about completely in
Linux -- I had problems with YUI Uploader under Linux, though.

I think the browser hard limit is ~2GB, and some (Microsoft) browsers
have content-length bugs for other large sizes.

-J