[Catalyst] Performance statistics from debug output does not add up

Terence Monteiro terence at deeproot.co.in
Fri Dec 26 10:31:59 GMT 2008

I'm checking the debug output emitted by Catalyst in debug mode in the logs
to see where the server is taking longer to handle requests. Since there is
full debugging output, I can see all the individual actions requested by
Catalyst and the time taken for each. The tree basically has 3 calls at the
top level, but the total time taken by all the three top-level is 4
seconds, whereas the time reported to handle the request itself is 12.6
seconds. What could be the reason for the difference in time?

I've deployed Catalyst 7.104 on FastCGI on a debian server. I'm using 15
server processes. Can anyone help me understand what is happening? Have I
missed something?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Terence Monteiro.

DeepRoot Linux,
http://www.deeproot.in
Ph: +91 (80) 4089 0000
Getting GNU/Linux to work for you. Faster. Better. Today. Every way