[Catalyst] catalyst book

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Feb 1 14:20:12 GMT 2008

* On Fri, Feb 01 2008, Matt Rosin wrote:
> Possibly companies that wish to give back to open source could
> contribute to a professional documentation fund. In this case digital
> publication will enable the money to be used most efficiently.

Yes, this is a good idea.  We were talking about this on #moose
yesterday and the idea of having TPF fund book writing via grants might
be a good way to get docs.  The author gets $2000 for writing a
half-length book (say, 150 pages), the community gets a freely-licensed
book to do whatever they want with.  If you want a printed copy, you can
donate money (say, $10) back to TPF.

I will probably look into this more seriously in the near future.  Right
now this is pure fantasy :)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway