[Catalyst] using legacy auth stores with new auth system

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:35:12 GMT 2008

Can the old Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::* modules be used with the
new Catalyst::Authentication system?

I can't see anything in the docs or list archive about how to set this
in the configuration - and it looks like only 'Authentication' should
be listed in the Cat plugin import list.

I'm wanting to add auth to an existing app that currently doesn't use
any auth or sessions yet - and I'd be wanting to use
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::Htpasswd

I notice all the plugin::* modules in the new Catalyst::Authentication
dist are just wrappers around the newer modules.
Would I need to create a Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Htpasswd
that's just a wrapper around the older module? (or, ideally, the other
way around, if the current maintainer is agreeable).

Carl