[Catalyst] add components to files generated by C::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Feb 5 09:44:14 GMT 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:18:27PM +0100, Moritz Onken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to add some components to some packages created by
> Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema.

Which uses DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader so this question would have been
better asked on the DBIC list, but never mind.

> I tried adding them under the md5 checksum so updates wont break, but
> some of them needed to be placed before Core is loaded.

Why?

No component I've ever written requires that. No component I've ever used
requires that.

Doing an extra __PACKAGE__->load_components at the bottom of the file
is equivalent to adding the contents of that call in front of core in the
original load_components - why won't that work? Did you even try it? :)