[Catalyst] using legacy auth stores with new auth system

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:55:05 GMT 2008

On 05/02/2008, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 06:35:12PM +0000, Carl Franks wrote:
> > Can the old Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::* modules be used with the
> > new Catalyst::Authentication system?
> >
> > I can't see anything in the docs or list archive about how to set this
> > in the configuration - and it looks like only 'Authentication' should
> > be listed in the Cat plugin import list.
>
> Don't the docs say it'll search the old namespace if it can't find anything
> in the new one?

I just came across L<Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication/COMPATIBILITY
ROUTINES> a couple of minutes ago.
I can use the old store package, but have to use the old auth methods,
and I lose the new realms feature.

Rather than use the legacy features on a new app, I'm just going to
write a new Htpasswd store that uses the new auth API.

Thanks,
Carl