[Catalyst] Distributed session storage problems/questions [SOLVED]

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Thu Feb 21 19:33:13 GMT 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Matt Pitts wrote:
> One was running:
>   Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class 0.104
>
> And the other:
>   Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class 0.10
>
> This is the whole reason I'm moving to PAR-based deployments.

Another good way to keep this sort of thing from biting besides
turning it into a PAR is to keep a current Makefile which exactly
reflects the changes/upgrades. Then when you deploy, you can run
it and the tests against it and quickly see if your modules are
out of sync or exactly where your environments differ.

Parts of Catalyst and DBIC are still moving a bit quickly and
without being specific about versions you will get breakage.
[My last one turned out to be out of sync plugin stuff where
the dev side used the new/better config key pattern of
"Plugin::..." but it broke in production where things were
a single version older and only supported the older key style.]

-Ashley