[Catalyst] OT: Recommendations for big-time hosting

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Mon Feb 25 04:36:36 GMT 2008

Good afternoon,

On 24/2/08 at 3:29 PM -0600, Brian Kirkbride
<brian.kirkbride at deeperbydesign.com> wrote:

>So what's you recommendation for absolutely bullet-proof
>hosting that let's you sleep at night?  I'm talking pro-active
>monitoring, upgrades, patches, backups, redundancy setup,
>architecture planning and growth.  Everything you might need.
>Staff that understands why you'd need Nginx or Lighttpd in
>front and what FastCGI is.  People that can handle tuning
>Postgres instead of just slapping MySQL with a stock config on
>your box.

I would recommend Make-Tracks Secure Hosting, but I'm biased (I
work there).

<http://www.make-tracks.com>

We use a co-lo facility in Sydney, but have access data to
centres around the world. And we are a small company but we
focus on customer requirements and quality service rather than
just trying to fill the racks.

We started as a shared hosting provider, but most of our
customers have outgrown that and our focus has been moving to
managed hosting. If you want to know more, feel free to contact
me at <charlie at make-tracks.com>.

Charlie

--
    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt