[Catalyst] Template::Plugin::Latex 3.00_05 and catalyst

Jon Schutz jon+catalyst at youramigo.com
Thu Feb 28 21:30:30 GMT 2008

> The weird thing is that the workaround doesn't work for me with
> version 3 of the T:P:Latex, but if I force  (in the T:P:Latex code,
> not in my application) the return value of the system call to be 0,
> then it works. The hack proposed in the catalyst calendar looks like
> this, and I can't see anything that would make it work only for a
> particular version of a plugin.
>
>      {
>        no warnings 'redefine';  # right here, you can tell bad things
> will happen
>        local *Template::Latex::system = sub {
>
>          my $ret = system(@_);
>
>          # guesstimate whether the system call was successful or not
>
>          return 0 if ( guess == OK );
>          return $ret;
>        } if $c->engine =~ /^Catalyst::Engine::HTTP/;
>

> Any ideas why it doesn't work?

Not sure, but I have successfully used Template::Plugin::Latex 3.00_05
in Catalyst dev server using a patch for the system() problem previously
posted on the catalyst-dev list, which I have attached.  Seems others
may not have had the same success as me, so YMMV.

--

Jon Schutz                        My tech notes http://notes.jschutz.net
Chief Technology Officer                        http://www.youramigo.com