[Catalyst] File-browser functionality

Alessio Bragadini alessio at sevenseas.org
Fri Feb 29 11:49:22 GMT 2008

On 29 Feb 2008, at 12:13, Peter Sørensen wrote:

> I'm using catalyst and TT to develop a system, where
> it is possible to search in system logfiles based
> on predefined regex.
>
> I need a way to BROWSE on the server filesystem.
>
> I can use the directory plugin in TT but before
> trying this I would ask if any other solutions
> are around.

In the Catalyst book written by Jonathan Rockway, an example
implements a new Filesystem Model to read and write blog posts as
files on disk. This is IMO similar in concept to the thing you are
trying to do. Jonathan takes the example further with the Angerwhale
module available from CPAN.

Since you need to "search" in files, another angle would be to treat
the log files as tables using some kind of package based on
DBD::File. Once that's in place, the rest will follow as a normal
Catalyst application with a DBI-based Model.

Alessio Bragadini			alessio at sevenseas.org

"One of these mornings / You're going to rise up singing
Then you'll spread your wings / And you'll take to the sky"
	-- George & Ira Gershwin, "Summertime"