[Catalyst] Session, DateTime and Storable

Christopher Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Jan 1 04:57:40 GMT 2008

I've heard mention of this before, but I can't find the thread.
I have the latest DateTime, Storable and
Catalyst::Plugin::Session/Authentication and I've getting heap of these
in my logs:

> Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at blib/lib/Storable.pm (a=
utosplit into blib/lib/auto/Storable/_freeze.al) line 339.

This seems to be caused by storaing a DateTime object in the session. If
I store a string instead of a DT instance, the warnings go away.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

-=3DChris