[Catalyst] Status of Reaction - ready for new projects?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 23:00:57 GMT 2008

--- Barry Hoggard <bhoggard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm starting on a new catalyst project and wondering
> if I should start
> out with Reaction.  Is there a website or repository
> I can check out?
> I didn't see one on the catalyst wiki.
>

> --
> Barry Hoggard

Barry,

You might want to say hello on the reaction IRC
channel that you can get to from irc.perl.org since
I heard of.  The repo is at:

http://code2.0beta.co.uk/reaction/svn/Reaction

But there is such heavy development going on you might
have trouble figuring where to start with all the
branches, etc.  Play with trunk I think is what I last
heard, but I haven't logged into the IRC channel for
more than a week (on vacation) so I could be wrong.
Ask on the IRC.

Also I've been reading at least one blog with some
discussion of Reaction:  http://groditi.vox.com/  and
I hope the author doesn't mind me pointing it out :)

I remember reading somewhere about a Winter of Code
perl project to use Reaction but I can't seem to find
it, so I might have heard incorrectly.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
John