[Catalyst] two Catalyst flaws

Fayland Lam fayland at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:51:47 GMT 2008

please don't blame me if I'm wrong here. just point it out and I'll
apologize :-)

the first is to load all modules at beginning. I want to ask why? for
$c->forward()? I think $c->model() can load when called. why I hate this
is because it eats too many memory. one of my App has 80+ pm then it
takes 150+M. I can't afford that!

the second one is hard to use model in cron pl. I know we can do
something like my $c = MyApp->prepare(); or Catalyst::Model::Adaptor
(trust me, that's not so easy or fast)
why I can't get a simple $c without function forward, without req,
without res. just get $c->model and $c->cache like?
I don't want this $c to load any Controller modules or View modules.

anyway, Catalyst is a great framework. it ease our development a lot.
Thanks for all your work, Catalyst Team!

--
Fayland Lam // http://www.fayland.org/
Foorum based on Catalyst // http://www.foorumbbs.com/