[Catalyst] expand CGI::FormBuilder

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann ostmann at websuche.de
Thu Jan 3 14:25:14 GMT 2008

OK, i tested a liddle bit with this and it works now ... only one more
thing:

in CGI::FormBuilder.pm

    my $f = CGI::FormBuilder::Field->new($self, $args);

I cant change the class for the fields, couse it is hardcoded. Currently
i dont need it, but want to told it and say thanks :)

Juan Camacho schrieb:
> On Nov 23, 2007 4:04 AM, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:
>

>> So what you need to do is do something like:
>>
>>    package MyApp::FormBuilder::Action;
>>    use base 'Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder::Action::TT'; # or Mason etc.
>>    sub _create_formbuilder { shift; return MyApp::FormBuilder->new(@_) }
>>    1;
>>
>> Then configure Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder to use it:
>>
>>    $config->{Controller::FormBuilder}{action} = 'MyApp::FormBuilder::Action';
>>
>> That should do it.  This is totally untested though, so good luck.
>>

> Yep, that should do it although _create_formbuilder is private and
> undocumented :) Also, I haven't documented the C::C::F::Action class
> or the 'action' config parameter mostly because I'm not sure I am
> going to keep the Action implementation around. I use C::C::F::Action
> subclasses in my own applications, so I *probably* will.
>
> Matt's suggestion is good and makes the above unnecessary for this
> case. Simply add support for
> $config->{Controller::FormBuilder}{formbuilder_class} =
> 'My::Own::FormBuilder'.  This will help with the simple cases where
> you just want to swap CGI::FormBuilder with a subclass or an adapter
> pattern class instead.
>
> Juan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann
Websuche   Search   Technology   GmbH   &   Co. KG
Martinistraße 3  -  D-49080  Osnabrück  -  Germany
Tel.:   +49 541 40666-0 - Fax:    +49 541 40666-22
Email: info at websuche.de - Website: www.websuche.de
AG Osnabrück - HRA 200252 - Ust-Ident: DE814737310
Komplementärin:     Websuche   Search   Technology
Verwaltungs GmbH   -  AG Osnabrück  -   HRB 200359
Geschäftsführer:  Diplom Kaufmann Martin Steinkamp