[Catalyst] two Catalyst flaws

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu Jan 3 17:06:47 GMT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Peter Edwards wrote:

>> In the latter case there's still some work to do if you want to have a
>> shared config file but that's not too hard to figure out.
>
> There's a Catalyst advent calendar article showing how to do this:
>
> http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2007/14

I did something sort of similar for VegGuide.Org, except the config simply
lives in a single module (VegGuide::Config) that is designed to be usable
for Catalyst and outside of it.

Basically, it has lots of class methods that return various config items,
and also a few methods for returning Catalyst-structured
config, CatalystImports() and CatalystConfig().

http://svn.urth.org/filedetails.php?repname=RegVeg&path=%2Ftrunk%2Flib%2FVegGuide%2FConfig.pm&rev=0&sc=0

-dave