[Catalyst] static files without extensions

Emily Heureux emily at burnham.org
Thu Jan 3 20:24:10 GMT 2008

(I am starting a brand new email, not replying to an existing one, which I
now realize I have been doing, but maybe not every time.  Am I sending these
to the wrong place?  The address I have is catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk.  Did
I do it right this time?)

My question:  I have a directory under root:  /static/images/pdbFiles where
I have files without extensions for a java applet I am running on my
webpage.  Catalyst does not seem to recognize them unless I put an
extension, like .txt.  Do I need to configure Catalyst so that it sees those
files as static files?

On cpan, I found that I can force directories into static mode using this
(for example):

MyApp->config->{static}->{dirs} = [
        'static',
        qr/^(images/pdbFiles|)/,
    ];

but, where do I put this code, if that is, in fact, what I am supposed to
do?  And since I want it to work for files with no extensions, what do I put
after the pipe?

Thanks,

Emily