[Catalyst] ResultSet renderer?

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Mon Jan 7 15:10:55 GMT 2008

On 01/04/2008 04:20 PM, Bruce J Keeler wrote:
> Greetings, Catalystos!
>
> I'm looking to find or create a canned solution for rendering
> DBIx::Class::ResultSets as paged, sortable HTML tables.  All of the
> examples I've seen do this manually, foreaching through the resultset,
> spitting out <tr>s and <td>s and so on.  Seems like the sort of wheel
> that shouldn't need to be reinvented.

Rose::DBx::Garden::Catalyst and CatalystX::CRUD do most of this. See the advent article
http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2007/7

Of course, that's for RDBO and not DBIC.

I have uploaded a 0.01 version of CatalystX::CRUD::Model::DBIC that might be useful to
look at. I'm sure the templates generated by RDGC could be adapted to use it instead.

--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/