[Catalyst] hostname

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:31:32 GMT 2008

From: <Wade.Stuart at fallon.com>
> Sys::Hostname or a statically set config var,  as there is no reference to
> a request at that point (or any real way to derive the list of possible
> hostnames hat could be requested).  But then again,  unless you "know" the
> hostname that will always be requested why try to set it at that point at
> all?  I would still opt for using the request to set a dynamic hostname
> later in the process unless you have good reason not to (ssl cert tied to
> hostname for example).  I think most times it is better to not assume that
> the hostname requested will be static in code. It makes for a more
> flexible
> and  deployment easier for your app (do you really want to go change a
> hardcoded hostname when dns changes need to happen).

Yes, these days we've just made some changes including DNS changes and for a
few days we will have a temporary address for internal use, just a public
IP, and I hope as soon as possible we've have a real address working and I
would like to make all those ways of accessing the server work.

You said that I could make those settings later. Did I understand correctly
that I could re-write that config settings in the Root.pm controller for
making it available to all the controllers?

It could be  helpful for other things, because for this problem I learned
that I can simply avoid setting a domain for the cookie.

Octavian