[Catalyst] Serving html pages

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Sat Jan 12 20:19:52 GMT 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 10:18 PM, Martin Ellison <m.e at acm.org> wrote:

> I have a similar problem, but I am on shared hosting and I do not have
> access to httpd.conf, only to the local .htaccess files. I have the static
> plugin set up so we are delivering HTML, image files and other static pag=
es
> via Catalyst, but similarly to Alejandro I would like to serve up the pag=
es
> directly from Apache.
>
> [edit]
>
> On 12/01/2008, Alejandro Imass <alejandro.imass at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Usually you would try to serve your static content directly with your
> > Web Server and let only the dynamic part with Catalyst. For example
> > you could have a configuration in your apache vhost as such:
> >
> > Suppose your app's name is vdc...
> >

> >         # Aliases
> >         Alias /static /var/www/vdc/root/static
> >         Alias /other-static-files /var/vdc/whatever
> >
> >         # The static content is served by apache directly
> >         <Location /static>
> >                 SetHandler default-handler
> >         </Location>
> >         <Location /other-static-files>
> >                 SetHandler default-handler
> >         </Location>

Those are the important bits.
They tell apache where the files really live in the file system,
and to use the regular file serving mechanism on them.

 You're defining / to serve your cat app. So any subdirectories of /, like
/static have to be configured to be served by the default handler.

Len.

-- =

lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
614-404-4214