[Catalyst] component's new() call browser dependent

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Jan 14 00:59:46 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 19:41 -0500, Juan Camacho wrote:
> Do you still need some code? Should new be called for every request or
> is there some intentional session caching going on?

new is usually called at COMPONENT time, not ACCEPT_CONTEXT time.  I'd
like to see how you're using this code, though.  What does the $c->model
call look like?  Are you sure the exact same code is being run with IE
vs. Firefox?  I don't see how the user agent would make any difference
as to whether new would run.

I asked for a minimal test case because your problem may be something
unrelated.  Making a small test case isolates the real bug.  Mostly, I'd
like to see the code working outside of mod_perl, since the mod_perl
environment could be causing problems.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway