[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] New plugin: Catalyst::Plugin::Assets

Robert Krimen robertkrimen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 18:53:40 GMT 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 6:35 AM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:

> I tend to specify the "assets" in the templates where they are used
> instead of in the controller as it's a presentation issue.   I don't
> see why your Plugin could not do the same thing by using WRAPPERs.

You can certainly do this, and I do it as well. Right now I have an
assets.tt that bundles
the different assets into blocks (core web site, testing, ajax), and
include the appropiate block
depending on the page (and have a default in case none were specified).

> Is it possible to define "print", "screen", etc. when specifying css?

Unfortunately not yet, although this is something I've been thinking about.

> Do you cache this?

Yes, built/minified files are cached and not rebuilt unless the file
mtime changes.

--
Rob