[Catalyst] newbie yaml question

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Jan 16 02:21:30 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 20:43 -0500, Eric W. Bates wrote:

> Agreed. but the tutorial and manual pages lean pretty heavily on it. I
> assume the consensus knows best.  I just don't get it; so I was fishing
> for opinion.

I use YAML configuration for things that can be changed without breaking
the application.  Examples include database DSNs, the title that appears
on every page, etc.

For internals like template paths or options for TT, I hard-code those
(or use a resource file; see
http://www.jrock.us/yapcasia2007/takahashi.xul?data=angerwhale.txt#page1
)

Regards,