[Catalyst] Documentation on DBIx Class

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Fri Jan 18 20:28:55 GMT 2008

http://search.cpan.org/~ash/DBIx-Class-0.08008/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/DocMap.
pod

It's a shortcut on my browser navbar :-)

Read the first four links then browse the cookbook.

and that's the place to ask any questions.

The main thing to realize compared to DBI is that DBIC works in terms of
resultsets (a bit like MS Access recordsets) and that you can apply actions
to a notional set of records. The power of this is that you can chain these
actions or filters without writing the typical code to retrieve records,
stick them in a hash, retrieve more records, prune the hash, and so on.
Also it works (much) better under mod_perl than Class::DBI when you have
multiple database connections. It can get a bit hairy prefetching with
multiple joins, but there's nothing to stop you asking DBIC for the DBI
database handle and doing complicated SQL direct the DBI way.

Regards, Peter
http://perl.dragonstaff.co.uk