[Catalyst] REST - like uri design for CRUD

Сергей Мартынов sergey at martynov.info
Sun Jan 20 22:06:25 GMT 2008

>  One important topic in the book is that people mix 'verbs' into their URIs
> when they shouldn't, or at least when they don't _have_ to.  Using the
> book's concepts your URIs would become
>
>  1)  GET    /class?pattern=breadbox
>  2)  GET    /class/id/1111
>  3)  PUT    /class/id/1111
>  4)  POST /class

Nice clarification, thank you!

But is the "/id/" part of url required? In most cases class would have
only one primary identifier, so we can shrink it to GET /class/1111 -
can't we?

And concerning case 3 - I think that rarely used PUT method could be
replaced with common POST to avoid possible problems with proxies,
etc.

--
С уважением, Сергей Мартынов.