[Catalyst] Debugging Catalyst with Eclipse

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Jan 21 10:22:21 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 09:28:45AM -0600, Nathan Waddell wrote:
> Wow, thanks for all the responses.
>
> Troy, I'll subscribe to the EPIC list and see if I can get a
> conversation started on their end.
>
> Matt, I guess you're a member of the EPIC list?

No, not at all.

As I already said, I consider heavyweight graphical IDEs a waste of CPU
and RAM. I write using vi, interact with code using Devel::REPL and
navigate round my project tree using standard UNIX shell tools.

IDEs strike me as a perverse beast that evolved only because Windows doesn't
have a usable CLI. Therefore, I use a workstation oriented OS for develop and
leave Windows as a somewhat memory-hungry game launcher, the one task at which
I've found it mostly works.