[Catalyst] Re: REST - like uri design for CRUD

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue Jan 22 00:30:00 GMT 2008

* Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> [2008-01-21 07:40]:
> While we are at that - I do understand the need to divide the
> operations into the 'indempotent' and 'non-indempotent' classes
> (because of caching and predictive link loading) - but what is
> really the practical argument for having two more classes (PUT
> and DELETE)?

I don’t understand this question. It sounds like you have some
confusion about several distinct things and that you don’t
actually understand what idempotence is. Can you try to explain
a bit more what you are trying to ask? Are you just asking why
there are more verbs than GET and POST? Are you asking about why
it’s important to categorise verbs as non-/safe in addition to
non-/idempotent? Is it something all together different?

Regards,