[Catalyst] Testing docs / Wiki migration / Mojo question

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Wed Jan 23 12:37:02 GMT 2008

I've ported over the Testing and DebugSample pages to the new Wiki.

http://catwiki.toeat.com/fromtrac/Testing.highlight

http://catwiki.toeat.com/fromtrac/DebugSample.highlight

I've added some sample test files to Testing, including quality, and details
on mod_perl debugging to DebugSample.

Anyone with any testing hints, tips or sample t/ files, please feel free to
add them in.

A couple of queries about MojoMojo.

1) I found I had to escape CamelCase words within code blocks, is this as
intended? E.g.

## Heading ##

    my $a = 1;
    \\MyApp::some_global = 2;
    Thisvar = 3;

2) It wraps space-separated lines within blocks, so

    # t/02_pod.t
    use strict;
    use warnings;

    use Test::More;
    eval "use Test::Pod 1.14";

    plan skip_all => 'Test::Pod 1.14 required' if $@;
    plan skip_all => 'set TEST_POD to enable this test' unless
$ENV{TEST_POD};
    all_pod_files_ok();
    all_pod_coverage_ok();

(there are four spaces starting each of the blank lines)

Although it looks good in the preview, on the view it joins lines at the
breaks so you can something like

# t/02_pod.t
use strict;
use warnings;use Test::More;
eval "use Test::Pod 1.14";plan skip_all => 'Test::Pod 1.14 required' if $@;
plan skip_all => 'set TEST_POD to enable this test' unless $ENV{TEST_POD};
all_pod_files_ok();
all_pod_coverage_ok();

Regards, Peter
http://perl.dragonstaff.co.uk