[Catalyst] Authentication for web services (slightly off topic)

Andrew Payne snafu.fans at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:59:59 GMT 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 3:23 PM, Ian Docherty <catalyst at iandocherty.com> wrote:
>  How would you test that or see if it works if you were using the Catalyst
> built in server?

Actually, I'm not sure how to get Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst to do
Basic Auth.

In LWP it's

  $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
  $req = HTTP::Request->new(GET => 'http://site/uri');
  $req->authorization_basic('user', 'password');

but I'm being thick and can't see a way to feed T::W::M::C a request
object. Input welcome from anyone who has.

wget has simple '--user=' and '--password=' command-line arguments.

I was writing a tiny C# app, before real work distracted me, and never
did the above personally.

Andrew