[Catalyst] Road Map doc complete

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jan 24 02:48:53 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:22:38PM -0600, Nathan Waddell wrote:
> I've completed the Road Map, found at:
> http://catwiki.toeat.com/fromtrac/future/roadmap.highlight.
>
> Please take a look at it and point out any glaring typos/errors, etc.

The introduction and milestone info is all hopelessly out of date, with
the exception of the 5.80 milestone which is mostly right.

I think.

The bullet points in the introduction don't seem to belong there. Does
beg the question of how we handle core roadmap versus in-repo extensions
roadmaps ...

> Interestingly, I was able to make only a few changes to the changelog
> for the current version of Catalyst in order to create the nice
> formatting. I'd like to suggest changing the formatting of the header
> line in the changelogs going forward:

A one-liner can script that transform.

What does breaking away from the Changelog standard used by the rest of
CPAN gain us that post-processing it with a one-liner doesn't?