[Catalyst] installing Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Jan 24 22:46:37 GMT 2008

Peter Karman <peter at peknet.com> writes:

> On 01/24/2008 03:22 PM, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
>> Peter Karman <peter at peknet.com> writes:

>>> you forgot the ::Plugin part
>>
>> Isn't that deprecated?
>>

> not when trying to install from CPAN, AFAIK. The name of the package is
> Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP. That's why CPAN claims not to know about
> Catalyst::Authentication::Store::LDAP.
>
> The deprecated ::Plugin part comes into play when the base C::P::Authentication plugin
> tries to load Store and Credential classes.

If I'm reading this correctly, this isn't correct.  PAUSE builds an
index of all modules in a distribution, and you can trigger the
distribution to install by naming any module in the dist on the
command line.

For example, I can say "cpan -i Angerwhale::Controller::Root" to
install the distribution called Angerwhale.  That's because the PAUSE
index says that Angerwhale::Controller::Root is in the dist called
Angerwhale.  (If there weren't an Angerwhale.pm with a "package
Angerwhale;" line in that dist, then "cpan Angerwhale" wouldn't work.
Everything is based on the module names; you can call your
distribution pink_hello_kitteh_12345435.tar.Z if you feel like it.)

Just FYI.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway