[Catalyst] installing Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP

Jay K jayk at ion0.com
Sat Jan 26 00:51:23 GMT 2008

>> Catalyst::Authentication::Store::XYZ
>> Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::XYZ
>
> What's the recommended approach for existing stores and credentials?
> Rename them and mark
> the old ones as deprecated? Create new stubs with the new names that
> just subclass the
> existing plugins?

Well - Overall to update to the new naming scheme and then deprecate
the old ones, yes.

It's also a simple and clear way to move modules to the new auth
scheme without having to maintain backwards compatibility with the old
credential is meant for use with the current auth system.

Jay

---
"May we not return to those scoundrels of old, the illustrious
founders of superstition and fanaticism, who first took the knife from
the altar to make victims of those who refused to be their disciples."
- Voltaire