[Catalyst] Automated testing of Captcha?

Sébastien Wagener sebastien.wagener at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 13:07:04 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 06:53 +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:
> If you're outside, then either forcing the captcha to a particular string or
> disabling it entirely are probably your only options - but that wasn't the
> case here if you read carefully :)

For me, it was important to test whether the same captcha could be used
twice, as I forgot to clear the captcha for the session after using it
(as far as I remember, Catalyst::Plugin::Captcha does not enforce you to
do so, neither does it encourage you to do so in the example)
You cannot automatically test for this exploit with a static string for
the captcha.
As I am running all my test cases over fastcgi (for various reasons), I
have a test action which returns the captcha of the current session.
This action is of course only defined if some environment variable is
set.

Sébastien