[Catalyst] Malformed class Name & Hidden files

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jan 31 09:52:23 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 03:20:55PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
>
> >* On Wed, Jan 30 2008, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> >>Yes, unfortunately it's never been freaking fixed, which is why it's
> >>come up 129387 times (at least). I did submit a patch to Simon Wistow
> >>for Module::Pluggable in September. It made Module::Pluggable ignore
> >>editor junk files by default, though it didn't catch "._*" files (easy
> >>enough to add).
> >>
> >>Unfortunately he never responded.

Link to the patch submission? I'll chase it up.

> >I've also fixed this about 128745 times inside Catalyst (one of my first
> >ever posts to the mailing list, in fact), but it keeps getting reverted.
> >In fact, I think I applied your patch a while ago, but was asked to
> >revert it.
>
> Yes, you did. My patch could probably be redone as a
> Module::Pluggable::Object subclass or something if that'd be more
> palatable. My original Catalyst patch was much more blunt.
>
> >I vote to hack around this in Catalyst until it's fixed upstream.  This
> >has gone on long enough.
>
> ++ for all the say I have ;)

As I said every time I asked for the patch to be sent upstream, "tell me
and I'll make sure it gets applied so we can bump the version dep and do
a release". You appear to have forgotten that stage - or I didn't notice
the mail you sent saying you'd sent the patch upstream.

Oh well, as I say I'll get it chased up. And if he -rejects- the patch,
then sure we'll workaround locally. But he told me he wouldn't do that,
which is why I was asking to be told so I could chase it up having been
the person to persuade him such a patch should be sent. Never mind ...