[Catalyst] Catalyst test server response times.

Ian Docherty catalyst at iandocherty.com
Thu Jan 31 10:03:47 GMT 2008

Ash Berlin wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2008, at 09:51, Andrew Payne wrote:
>
>> On Jan 30, 2008 9:14 AM, Ian Docherty <catalyst at iandocherty.com> wrote:
>>> It is frequently (but not always) taking 20 seconds or so to display a
>>> page in my browser
>>
>> The only times I've had this happen, it's been DNS issues -- in my
>> case, dhcpd putting a duff entry in resolv.conf
>>
>> YMMV, but worth checking.
Searching for DNS issues on Catalyst found this link from about 18
months ago with a
proposed patch to Catalyst::Engine::HTTP.pm to disable reverse DNS if
required. This
would have allowed me to solve this issue but AFAIK this patch was not
applied

http://grokbase.com/profile/id:CFXND-g-bACl4AfTYfKSIP6B7aA91udMOUneLfCbr9E