[Catalyst] catalyst book

Evan Carroll lists at evancarroll.com
Thu Jan 31 22:29:12 GMT 2008

> My understanding is that the PDF versions of the book were suffering
> from piracy problems, so they were pulled.  (Not my title specifically,
> this happened to the publisher before my book came out.)  Tragedy of the
> commons; it only takes one person to fuck it up for everyone else.

Make a wikibook (obligatory answer).

Everyone should upload their notes when they're learning a framework
 to wikibooks. Prior to wikibooks, I found that before I finished
learning any piece of software I had 50 tomboy's, now I spend the
extra effort to just add navigation.

Check out the Moose book for an example.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming_with_Moose  It isn't the best
thing since sliced bread, or a commercial-grade book but it is free
and anyone can improve upon it without any knowledge of a VCS, or a
commit bit.

By any means, it is the publisher's decision if they don't want your
sale. And justifying yanking your format of choice because of piracy
is lame and shitty.

--
Evan Carroll
System Lord of the Internets