[Catalyst] Sending email from a Catalyst app

ivorw m9tn-oh4c at xemaps.com
Wed Jul 2 11:09:30 BST 2008

I know there's more than one way to do this. I'm looking at what the
best practice is.

I've had some success inthe past with Catalyst::Plugin::Email, but I'm
now looking at Catalyst::View::Email[::Template] which seems altogether
much cleaner, able to be controlled from the config.

The only trouble is I'm struggling to get it working. Using Sendmail as
the mailer sends the mail out - I receive it no problem, but the
application gets an exception "error when closing pipe to
/usr/bin/sendmail. No child processes ..."

I've tried switching to using SMTP instead, and the application now
doesn't crash, but I get no email received.

Is there a simple example that somebody can point me towards?

Am I missing some parameters in mailer_args? (This seems to be poorly
documented)

Is there a better module I should be using?

Ivor.