[Catalyst] Re: Sending email from a Catalyst app

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 15:04:50 BST 2008

* Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> [2008-07-02 14:05]:
> A more cleaner and better solution is to use Mail::Sender::Easy.
>
> You can create UTF-8 encoded messages, include attachments,
> inline images, create messages with a text and an html part,

Since we’re plugging, I’ll plug Email::Stuff, which does all of
that, and very readably.

It’s nicer than Mail::Sender::Easy in that you build your email
by calling methods on it instead of passing a single giant hash
with all the options. This makes it less code and easier-to-read
code to build emails piecemeal, f.ex. if you want to do in an
action chain just the same way you’d build up a DBIC resultset
step by step in an action chain.

> if you use MIME::Words you can also use special chars in To,
> From and Subject fields or other headers.

I like Encode::MIME::Header better: if you have a recent Encode,
it’s built in, no extra dependency. To use it you simply use the
Encode::encode and Encode::decode functions as always, just with
an encoding name of `MIME-Header` instead of something more usual
like `UTF-8` or `ISO-8859-1`.

Regards,