[Catalyst] connecting to more than one database

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Jul 3 20:40:19 BST 2008

* On Thu, Jul 03 2008, jagdish eashwar wrote:
> Putting all the tables in one database is a solution. I am afraid, however,
> that when I create a model using script/MyApp_create.pl for a specific Catalyst
> application,  I'll get all the tables in the database  into my  DBIC  schema.
> Is there a way of making MyApp_create.pl pick up only a subset of the tables?

Well, if you're using the same database for two apps, it makes sense
that you should use the same DBIC schema for both of those apps.  Write
the schema once, use the parts you need in each application.  That's why
the schema is a library.

As for tables that aren't relevant to a given app, the answer is simple;
just don't use those when you don't need them.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway