[Catalyst] Any recommendations for multiple forms in catalyst (have been using HTML::FormFu)?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri Jul 4 03:21:29 BST 2008

On 3 Jul 2008, at 09:05, Carl Franks wrote:

> I'm guessing that in step 3, your $c->stash->{form} is the one created
> by the FormConfig action - in which case it's the same form used for
> step 1.
> It won't validate the submitted parameters, because it doesn't know
> about any of the fields you generated in step 2.
> What you need to do is again generate the same form as step 2, and use
> that to validate the submitted parameters.

I'd disagree. At each step, you want to validate where you got so
far, and if that validation goes well, move on - otherwise, move back...

For non-trivial things such as this, I'd be looking at
Class::Workflow, which does all of this and more, and you can persist
your workflow state in DBIx::C...

Cheers
t0m