[Catalyst] Debugging Auth code

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 18:35:38 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum
<bg271828 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My password field is called "password", so i left it out of the config,
> because the
> docs say that this is the default and therefore unnecessary.
>
> I thought that the id_field was the name of the id; i do have an id value,
> but of course the user just enters a name, not their database id.
>
> In any case I changed the config to:
>
>  __PACKAGE__->config->{'Plugin::Authentication'} = {
>      default_realm => 'dbic',
>      realms => {
>      dbic => {
>          credential => {
>          class => 'Password',
>          password_field => 'password',
>          password_type => 'clear'
>          },
>          store => {
>          class => 'DBIx::Class',
>          user_class => 'CiteEditorDB::User',
>          id_field => 'login'
>          }
>      }
>      }
>  };
>
> (Sorry about the indentation, its not cut-and-pasting well.)
>
> And i have the same result--"[debug] Unable to locate user matching user
> info provided"
> in my log.
>
> Anything else i can try? Thank you!
>
> Jen

One thing to check is that you don't have any older versions of
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::* laying around (especially
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class or
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::Password) - that may be
causing some confusion internally.